Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 5


My zone is comprised of:
5- Hmong Speaking elders going to California and Wisconsin/Minnesota
5- Thai Missionaries 1 Elder (my companion) and 4 sisters. All going to Thailand
7- Cambodian 3 elders and 4 sisters. Going to Cambodia
3- Vietnamese speaking elders going to Texas and California
9- Mongolians obviously

Elder Christensen is pretty great he is awesomely clean, which is really great when there are 6 people in a room, while the other 4 are not so tidy... oh well. 

Classes are long and we work all day. Every day is like Sunday, 3 hours of church ha, try 24/7. It's great.

My teachers said that they spend a lot of service time digging new pit toilets. Sounds like fun...

Last Tuesday Elder Zwick of the 70 spoke on prayer. We need to pray fervently and frequently, really give our hearts to God in prayer really understanding that He will answer you. I know that God Answers the sincere prayer, those who are willing to follow his answer. 

Can someone find me the quote about "that which we persist in doing becomes easier, not because the nature of the thing is easier..."

(Parental Note: Heber J. Grant often quoted Ralph Waldi Emerson...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.”)


We will start our online ESL training in either 1 or 2 weeks hopefully I'll find out who my sponsor is soon! That will be super exciting!!!

With The most Love,

Ахлагч Jonathan Wilding

 ...

(Letter to the parents)

To me an Idea was (Mongolian grammar for "I had an idea"): When you have the missionaries to dinner ask them give a brief message on a missionary discussion. That was something that would have helped me when growing up cause I wasn't really sure what the commandments were, and definitely did not know what the Doctrine of Christ was, and what that meant to me... It could help Thomas, also going over those things during FHE would be really good. I know that it is really important and will bless the whole family. Teaching the simple, eternal truths of Christ's Gospel is beneficial to everyone. 

Package from home
Dad,

thank you so much for the book, it is my most prized possession I love it so much and look through it every day! I can't wait to start adding to it :)
"the book"
package from Kate

Mom, 
Thank you for your cards at the beginning they meant a lot :) I need to finish writing my letters to you all. I sent one off to Rick and LJ just so you don't worry. Mary Kate sent me stamps for the time being.


Something heartwarming that I realized yesterday is you now have two sons on missions.

Love your son,
Ахлагч Jonathan Wilding

No comments:

Post a Comment