Monday, March 21, 2016

Well first off everything here is great! I love mongolia!!!

The Seoul Airport was really nice they had a free shower that was arguably the best shower I have ever been in, like rain it was bliss durning the long hours of travel. Yesterday we went from Korea to Mongolia and I sat next to this Mongolian Man and talked to him for a while on the plane It was really fun and hard, and it definitely helped my Mongolian. It has been weird to not wear my tag around. We got to Mongolia around 5-ish yesterday, we had a great dinner (they got some really good Indian food) and it was also President Benson's son's birthday so we had cake and Ice cream too! They're are just the greatest! I love President and Sister Benson and their family. Today we had church and I didn't understand much, but I did understand some! The Language will come! We had dinner with a senior couple, The Taylors, and it was super good, Mac and Cheese, and left over Indian food, because there ended up being 8 missionaries! Wow can 8 missionaries eat!! haha.
Today we(Cowles, Urness, Heacock, Sister Hansen, Botorff) started by having breakfast with President and Sister Benson  (delicious pancakes (boy have our first couple of days been spoiled with good food!)). Then we ( previous missionaries + Sister Guild and Olsen) went all over doing immigration stuff like going to a crazy sketchy hospital and getting blood drawn and an x-ray. Then to immigration to get fingerprinted and registered more in their database. It was all good, except the driving through the city, crazy traffic and crazy drivers!!! 

I got my trainer just after that, His name is Elder Sexton, he's from Spanish Fork Utah, Graduated from BYU-I, he's 26. And really great!!! He's read the Wheel of time too!
I'm serving in Nalaikh its about an hour bus ride to the east of Ulaanbaatar. I love it already, we've got a really nice apartment, by pretty much anywhere standards. 
The computer that I'm using is so old that it doesn't recognize my camera so I can't send pictures now, but someday I will!
Mongolia smells like campfire all the time, because of all the smoke from coal burning.
Mongolia is just coming into spring, and the weather has been so nice. 
God loves all of his children, wherever they may be and whatever they may have done. He loves perfectly! Repentance allows us to be forgiven of our sins, to overcome our imperfections and flaws. Because of that, through his atonement Jesus Christ is our Savior and redeemer!

Ахлагч Jonathan Wilding


*3/28/16 - He finally got to a place where he could download photos. This group was labeled "The first couple of days - Sunday and Monday"*

Elder Browning & Elder Meilin

With Elder Urness and their rock collection


With Elder Cowles

Elder Heacock in a sketchy hospital getting blood drawn and chest x-rays



at immigration for fingerprints and registration

Pizza with the missionaries before transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment