Monday, August 29, 2016

8/29/16 Transferred!

Transfers went smoothly and Nalaikh was looking up last week -- a couple of new investigators! I left Nalaikh and got transferred to Songino (Song-in) it means onion. 

Elder Cowles and I are back together and in the Songino District of UB, the farthest west in Ulaanbaatar. (Apparently they don't want me close to the center of the city or the mission office yet I still have to teach at Ikh Zasag so they put me as far away as they can haha.)

We are in a tri with his companion Elder Munkhtulga (Munk-toll-thug) who speaks perfect English and lived in the US for the past 3 years and went to BYU.  He and Elder Cowles both got baptized around the same time like 2 and a half years ago.  It’s pretty cool! Elder Munkhtulga is in training and has been on his mission for just over a month. He is waiting for his visa to go to the Perth Australia mission. 

The work in Songino is going well, I'm getting to know the area and the members. It’s been only 4 days but it’s going quickly. 

We are thrifty and I like it! Elder Cowles makes a mean buttered noodles! And I'm excited to cook some good old fried chicken for my companions.

Being in the city is pretty different. Songino is in the West Stake (the old UB Stake, a new East stake was organized a couple of months ago and I was in it in Nalaikh). The ward in comparison to the branch in Nalaikh is big and strong, I really want to get to know people really well so that I can help them grow even more. I'm trying really hard to learn the names of people!

Elder Cowles and I are really working on our language. We really want to communicate and make connections like we would in English.  It’s really cool to be with someone on the same page of pretty much everything, language, obedience, diligence. 

Looks like I ran out of time, love y’all













No comments:

Post a Comment