Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Hanukkah (Exchange) Miracle

The Miracle Exchange that was only supposed to last one day lasted 6!

With Elder Hatton
Last week I grew a lot. We managed to teach a couple of lessons in the beginning of the week, which I am very grateful for. Tuesday night we come to the city for a training that night and then stayed to teach English the next morning. After that Elder Sexton (Zone Leader) and I did studies and then we did an exchange, He and Elder Hatton (Assistant to the President)
went back to Naliakh, Elder Monkhbold (The other Assistant) and Ramos (The other Zone Leader) went together back to Celbe and I went with Elder Buyanbadrakh (Elder Ramos' Companion) to work in Sukhbaatar. Working with Elder Buyanbadrakh was a great experience that really helped my Mongolian!
with Elder Buyanbadrakh


On Friday Elder Sexton and Munkhbold went to Choilbalsan (750km east of UB), which came surprisingly, turning two days in the city into 6. I was with Elder Hatton, for 4 days! He really showed me how to embrace the culture and how to love the people more. We worked on learning this mongolian song (minii ardiin cetgel tsagaan), people loved to hear that. Also I learned some great old sayings which older people really enjoy (fancy woman spring and fall, and women are like the spring sky). Its a well known fact that Mongolians love to see your pictures. He showed me to then ask to see their pictures, of course they love that too! And it really shows them that you care about them too! We got back to Naliakh last night, this week is going to be a really great week for work in Naliakh!

English is going great! I teach 6 classes of 8-12 yr olds. I'm getting Elder Lamb more pumped up about teaching grapeseed, and we are instituting better rules and being more prepared! With those two things the discipline in the class is going better and its a better time for us and the students. Little do they know it but they're learning more too!

With Elder Lamb after English Class

















Things are great. Its a really neat experience to get to be a Zone leader's companion. I certainly didn't expect to have the opportunity to learn from so many amazing missionaries by going on a lot of exchanges! I also realized that the expectations of a good missionary for him as a mission leader also apply to me too as his companion.

Today I read about the gathering of Israel in the last days in 3rd Nephi and then D&C 4 I am really excited to find people, I have the faith to find the people who are ready to hear the gospel and that want to change their lives. I really do believe and know that I have been called to this work. That the field is white and is ready to harvest the Lord will do His work, so I am going to work even more diligently to be a good instrument for Him to use!


PS to answer a question about my mission. Because of our Schedules with English, we can take p-day when we can, usually Monday or Tuesday.
--
Ахлагч Jonathan Wilding




Sketchy p-day hike (1)
Sketchy p-day hike (2)
Sketchy p-day hike (3)


No comments:

Post a Comment